Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might not work but this was a picture of my dad holding a 21 inch kat on mineola bay. We startd out in 10 feet then moved to 11 and i found some agressive white bass i ended up going home with 11 keeper white bass and a katfish for the dog. He loved it scarfed down what i kooked for him the fillet. WHen we were on the lake it was wicked. With wind blowing at us giving us the chills. The wind was seeping through the two layers i had plus the snowsuit well it was good to get out anyway. I hope to see some of you guys successing at catching fish out there because it produces for most people. I just had one quick question are the crappie on minneola caught by the hotel or big white building that charges five dollars to park and whereabouts do you get the crappies i havent caught one yet. Are they in shallow? if anyone has an answer please let me know i would like to catch some.

Good luck on all youre fishing endeavors
safe fishing Jay Ps sorry for the two pics couldnt delete the second one

Attachments

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Good Job Man... The chain is tough lately... wait until the crappies start hammering the jigs... I run into ya!!! ;)

Dave

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Nice Cat! Crappies at Fox Lake are tuff to find. You do occasionaly catch them but not in numbers but when you do they are big 10". Fox Lake is know for there white bass and not for crappies. If you are looking for crappies. Pistakee and Channel / Catherine are your best bet in numbers. My favorite lake on the Chain is Pistakee. You can catch crappies, gills, whites, walleyes, perch, catfish and of course drum. Each lake on the chain has there own value.
Again nice job on the ice!

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol just kidin i did eat the katfish and it was delicous i just wanted to know if any of you guys know where the hell the crappies are in shallow or mixed in with the whitebass is it by the oak park motel or hotel if anyone knows let me know or pm me

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Yes get on the ice at Oak Park Lounge . Look for 12-14 fow. Usually there are people on the spot already so look for the small group once you get on the ice. The crappies never group up with the whites but they do group up with drum. You will mark alot on of fish on the indicator but majority of the fish you are marking are drum but you will see the crappies suspend on top of the drum at 8-10fow. My buddy has been out there last couple of days and the bite has been slow. I dont know how the channel / catherine is doing. There were a few reports of some decent gill action but no crappies. The last couple of years the crappie action has been fair. I remeber a few years back 5 gallon buckets where common and the whites where scarce. Now its the other way around. I think its a cycle. Anyways I will be out on Pistakee or Fox early AM on Saturday till 10am and gonna hunt for them whites. I know most of the snow is patted down so walking wont be that bad.

If ya see me stop and say Hi I will be in a blue/black armor suit or in a Blue Fish Trap Pro with a White Jiffy Gas Auger. If you hear a loud gas auger drilling alot of holes thats me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.