Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok anyone want to go ice fishing and u know is hott right now? Reason I'm asking is cause I got 40 bucks in live bait today and he cancelled. so pm me asap if ur in. Thinking lake geneva or somewhere on the chain or even local if need b

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
LOL, 40 bucks in bait... LOL Larry remember for a day at Delavan we got 10-12 inch roaches and it was way over 50 bucks in bait for the day. LOL You lost your biggest pike ever on a tip-up...

RootPro. You better hope you have some 10-12 inch suckers in there and atleast 6 dozen roaches, as well as spikes, waxies, mousies and colored larva... otherwise you got ripped off...

What did you do, buy your bait in WI? LOL :shock:

·
Registered
400 Posts
You might want to try shopping at PetSmart for your bait....you might save a little money. :shock:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
you might wanna go to Lee's Bait and Tackle, for 25 bucks you will get 40 bucks worth of bait... :p

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
LOL, 40 bucks in bait... LOL Larry remember for a day at Delavan we got 10-12 inch roaches and it was way over 50 bucks in bait for the day. LOL You lost your biggest pike ever on a tip-up...

RootPro. You better hope you have some 10-12 inch suckers in there and atleast 6 dozen roaches, as well as spikes, waxies, mousies and colored larva... otherwise you got ripped off...

Dave it was more like $30 and that was for 4 people. Those roaches were huge and range from $2.00 to $3.00 a piece depending on the size but hey if you want catch big fish you need big baits. Dave I talked to ******* Pete yesterday and he is doing fine with his second back surgey and is already talking sh$t :lol: lol...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Legend075 said:
WrenchingnFishing said:

Dave it was more like $30 and that was for 4 people. Those roaches were huge and range from $2.00 to $3.00 a piece depending on the size but hey if you want catch big fish you need big baits. Dave I talked to ******* Pete yesterday and he is doing fine with his second back surgey and is already talking sh$t :lol: lol...
LOL, My Bad, I thouight it was 50 bucks... LOL ******* Pete has some secret area's I believe... :roll:

How about me and you go our way on Delavan and he goes his way, and we see who catches fish... That guy cracks me up. I'm sorry, but I will not tip-up fish in 2-3 feet of water like ******* pete. :lol: deeper water holds bigger fish. 8) Remember larry, 20lb test flouro leader... :lol: What about the automated fisherman tip-up or whatever those piece of junk ones are. LOL we saw that bobber snap the rod and not pop. Remember he was trying to sell them and he couldn't get it to work. LOL he must have had a sh$t load of them in his truck. LOL I can't believe fisherman buy those things! :lol:

Wrench

·
Registered
308 Posts
$2.00 to $3.00 for jumbo roaches? Triangle has them for a buck a piece. Next time I'm paying for Jumbo Roaches I'm going to Okauchee. My buddy whacked huge northern on Wooster with Med. Roaches. He said if he had the time, he'd go to Okauchee. There are huge Northern, Gills, Muskie, and of course, Bass. He said last time he was there he put a senko on a tip-up and got his 43" Northern on it. Yamamoto strikes again.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
******* Pete got them for us at Gator Mountain by Kenosha. I knew something was up :? . Anyways yesterday we headed to Chuck's Lake X and caught a mess of gills and crappies. Nothing huge 5-7" gills and crops with some crops around 10" also Chuck caught a few bass biggest was 16" but my buddy Tim, well the picture below explains it :shock:
All fish were release.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Glad to see Tim get on a nice hop klop. He has been strugling at the chain lately. Good job guys...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I ran into him on the chain last week. He struggled last week as so did I with a few crappies and a shit load of sheephead that just kept pissing me off. Thanks for the info on the AM bite. Tell Tim I might see him out there sometime this week in the AM. 8)

Call Me Later

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol guy i guess a exaggerated the price a little 2 much. it was more like 30 bucks. 6 suckers, 3 dz large fatheads, 1 dz large roaches, 1 doz med roaches and 50 assorted spikes. got em at lees anyways.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.