Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they allow ice fishing at Twin Lakes? I would love to throw my camera down there this weekend, look around at what I have been snagging all these years and see a couple of tip-up flags go off... Not to mention try and figure out the mysterious contours of this lake... I have fished this lake for 20 years now and still have not seen a lake depth map... Anyone know where to find one? Thanks... - BPM

·
Registered
428 Posts
I drove by there the other day, still a lot of open water. You probably have to check with the guys at the pro shop to see what they say. They might not let you, because of liability reasons. Worst they can do is say no.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it looks like there won't be ice fishing here this year... They claim that there are still open spots left by the birds out on the lake and not 4+ inches on the entire lake... Hard to believe that considering there is 8-12+ inches everywhere else including the chain of lakes... There was some slush on top before the last cold snap but there was still more than 8 inches of ice underneath it everywhere I went...

I would be inclined to believe they would just rather not bother with having to check it and just assume leave the red flag out... I don't understand why they don't let you just fish at your own risk as the forest preserves now do throughout the area... Would have been nice to drop the camera and see what is down there... Panfishing should be good here and I would think you could get a bass or northern on a tip up... Oh well... :( - BPM

·
Registered
953 Posts
I wonder that since they charge you to fish there that maybe it creates a liability issue for them. I just don't know if they still charge during the winter. If they do, that might be the reason. :?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Asked that very question and they said no they do not charge in the winter months... Especially because of the fact that there is no one there on weekends... Maybe they would charge to put the GREEN FLAG up!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, well, well, the green flags are out! Interesting... People that were out last week are reporting 12 inches of ice... Shocker... Why did they wait so long to finally let us fish? Oh well... maybe now I can check it out this weekend... - BPM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.