Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think that these couple days in the 40s will make the ice unsafe? I was out at arrowhead (cook county Illinois) last weekend and we had around 5 in. This week we have had a few days in the 40s and I'm just wondering how much of an effect it will have on the ice thickness. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Should hold up just fine. Rain and wind really present a problem but we have had little enough to matter. That being said anyone fishing ponds that have runoff from the roads I advise caution around those areas due to the salty runoff compromising the ice. Forecast looks good. Other than that I think we are in good shape especially with the frigid early week temps. Use caution as always though...good luck to ya...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should hold up just fine. Rain and wind really present a problem but we have had little enough to matter. That being said anyone fishing ponds that have runoff from the roads I advise caution around those areas due to the salty runoff compromising the ice. Forecast looks good. Other than that I think we are in good shape especially with the frigid early week temps. Use caution as always though...good luck to ya...
Thanks alot man. Thinking about trying tampier this weekend. I'll post the results

·
Registered
497 Posts
I was driving on I-57 yesterday and saw a bunch of people on a farm pond. I imagine if ice is safe 100 miles downstate it's probably ok here as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was driving on I-57 yesterday and saw a bunch of people on a farm pond. I imagine if ice is safe 100 miles downstate it's probably ok here as well.
Thanks man. I went out this morning to drill a few holes before work and we still had around 4.5 inches. Let's get some slabs this weekend!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts