Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when deep quarry ices out i will have a short report for it almost every week friday nights if you fish the 1st pier or around that area i can report on this area as i dont travel far at this lake much

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
On the west side of the lake by and on those granite slabs. There are good numbers of 3# bass there and bigger. I asume you are aware of the creel limit there for bass 1 per day 18" and they enforce it. So the Bass are abundance there. A guy here on this site I believe his user name is molsen caught a 7+# out of there last year. If you think Deep Quarry is good you should try Bass Lake which is right next to West Branch alot of big bass and pike there but hard to access since they put put up NO Parking signs on Army Trail. Some what of a hike from West Branch but I walk my dog there alot.

We should meet up one day at West Branch and I'll show you a couple pointers how to catch those bigger bass and show you how to get to Bass Lake from West Branch.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I have done well here off the NW pier dropping large roaches on slip bobbers 8-10 feet down... Have caught bass up to 17 inches and pike to 25 inches over the years... Gonna try drop shotting the lake this year as if I remember correctly, that 7 pounder was caught on a worm... Bass Lake would probably be another to try drop shotting as I have never had any success outta there... These lakes can get so clear that finesse should work well... - BPM

·
Registered
158 Posts
i spend alot of time at the West Branch and Bass Lake. there are huge bass in thoose two lakes ive caught a few 4- 5lbers and one 7lber out of there. you will see me alot at one of the 2 lakes this spring and summer.

cant wait for the ice to melt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.