Chicago Fishing Forum banner

IG 10/08/2007

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  svslider 
#1 ·
Did IG in honor of my 24th wedding anniversary. Yeah the wife gave me a little sh*t about spending the day fishing, but she was working and I was not, oh well.

Fished from 8:30 to 11am. Got two early on Gulp pumpkin swim minnows on Keepr hooks. Almost on first cast. First time using these things. I will be using them allot more. Impressive.

Things slowed down after I went to the stump field.

Left early to be with bride.

See less See more
#9 ·
I just fish the area where the bike path narrows in between the stumps and the big canoe. Its south of the canoe across the narrow part of the bike path, you can see across to the handicapped pier. I cant even tell theres any stumps but theres supposed to be. the fish are probably confused by the short days and hot water, I havent seen the so called feeding bag bite people talk about- Ive had bad results or skunked thats why I havent reported. EDIT- I call the far NW cove with the trees the fallen timber area, thats not the stump field.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.