Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got out there again. I was thinking with this steady nice weather the fish would turn on but I was wrong. I was at my old favorite spot and tossing a chatterbait when a 30 plus inch musky cruised 6 inches from shore past me. I stalked it and followed it downshore for 2 hours or so. He bit my swimbait when I shook it in his face but didnt get the hook. Then there was 2 muskies :shock: And one attacked my lure but missed the hook again :( Eventually I was really harrasing the fish and it wanted no lures. I now see why its hard to get a huge one because theyve seen every lure in the book when they get that size. I called other fishermen over and it would stop and look straight at us but wasnt scared of us 8) An old lady was admiring it and she asked what it ate so I told her cats and small dogs LOL.

After giving up on that fish I moved all around and had no luck. I saw a guy catch a fish, he put up the most retarted fight ive seen. I was assuming he had a carp because it took over 5 minutes to land and him and friends were all talking in some european language. So after all this time the guy pulls up a 2 lb at best catfish? His friend goes running to parking lot ( to get bag or bucket?) So this fish is sitting on shore and none of the guys are even paying attention to it for over a minute. I yelled that its catch and release and they finally threw it back, and played dumb and said they were taking the hook out. I gave them an earful about how catch and release means to release it while its still alive :) Idiots- now I did like I said we should all do. Now if I see these guys pull that again- :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
369 Posts
it sucks that you didnt catch anything but at least you gave those dumb bucketheads the what for. Ive been wantin to hit up IG this summer. any tips. Its all catch and release there?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its all catch and release. Some oither kids caught a blugill and then tried using that as bait, he got his pole dragged in when he wasnt paying attention LOL. The weeds arent in really thick yet but the fish will be in weeds or under lillies in the summer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I actually had a musky hooked 2 weeks ago on a jerkbait from the shore by the North Bay. Never happened to me there (IG) before.
The coolest thing to see because I saw the fish attack my bait and almost cr*pped in my pants. "Please let me reel this in)I adjusted my drag and was trying to tire it out on my 10lb test. Got it to the rocks about 6-8 ft from shore and it shook the jerkbait loose.
...I literally almost feel down to my knees and wanted to sob. I was so depressed and bummed, I immediately left for home. Not many opportunities to catch a fish like this on bass equipment. It was a very big fish too, something that would of made my season.

Was at IG on Wednesday did catch 3 decent bass, all on Chatterbait. Got a few other fish to follow a swim jig in but nothing would attack it. Moving all around. I think things are going to heat up real soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.