Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed up to Independence Grove in the afternoon. Sunny skies; breezy northwest winds; temps in the low 50's. Fished from 3pm-6pm.

First we worked a couple of spots in the main lake with nothing. Then we decided to check out the Des Plaines River that runs adjacent to IG. Found a brush pile and I tossed a handmade 1/8 oz tinsel jig with a power worm tail trailer. Within seconds had a nice northern pike on. Easily 24". But she snapped the line in no time. OH was I pissed. Shortly after that had another northern, this one smaller (18"-20") and had her all the way to shore until one more head shake and the line was cut. Then Alex cast a jig and pig behind the same brush pile and landed a nice 22" northern. With that area pretty well worked over we headed to the timber section of IG with no results. A quick stop back to pike country before we left but no more takers.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Good job on finding a new fishing spot! I heard there was pike in the DPR and wondered if they may be near that bridge, now I know to try that spot. My last visit to Ig this week I actually thought about those toothy critters and bought a jaw spreader on my way there. Btw- I got skunked completely on bass and pike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.