Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ill be back from school and thinking about going to IG this whole week multiples times, prolly almost everyday to releive stress from exams. haha. I know its getting cold now so plastics and divers are prolly not my choice. Should i go with minnows and worms off a bobber?? I think ill sit on the dock with my portable dvd player and chill out. What do you guys think i should be using this time of the year???

PS- I also caught a pretty nice 17 inchers last time i was there on a Yum Wooly Bug right by the dock. This was late october during my october break. just thought I let yall know.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
John, welcome to the site! This time of year can be tough. The right plastics might work, but they need to be fished real slow. I would try a jig n pig, or a creature type bait like the Wooly Bug. It also wouldn't hurt to try minnows. Good luck.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
I agree with everything Toothdoc says, John. IG is a great place but this time of year can be tough lake fishing. I'd consider large minnows (golden roaches) for pike or small fathead minnows for crappie. Bass will be a tough bite, but some large fathead minnows under a slip bobber would be the best bet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Augy said:
maybe print up some tiny pics of jessica alba in a bikini and add some bass attractent! :lol:
Totally man!! That worked for me last time!! im being serious here!! by far best way to catch fish!! =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts