Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crazy weather screwed up the hunting again. Friday I went to Leaf River/Ogle County and didn't see any deer just deep snow with fresh tracks. Saturday My ground blind blew off the stakes and went flying like a kite onto the neighboring property.
Anyone else hunt this past weekend?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
about 10 days I will be out wiht my bow, I try to stay out of Shotgun Hunters ways if you know what I mean. Why werent you in a stand instead of a blind. You have a lot better of a shot dude especially during snow fall!!!!! But good job sticking it out and trying ur best dude! its been tough this year. Im already kicking my self in the ass for passing up a basket rack 8 point buck!!! :x But shit happens. I still have plenty of time left. I should probably get out 3-4 days next week for bow ;) Good try man. this weather was rough. slug season always ends up like that with bad weather, I think thats why they pull it that way!!! :lol: LOL j/k bro. But it is fun, even from a blind!!! ;) :p

Dave

Better Luck next time! ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
sounds like you're having a tough season - I hope you get one soon.

WrenchingnFishing said:
Why werent you in a stand instead of a blind.
There are times I prefer to hunt out of a blind. When I bring my kids with me is one - it keeps them out of heavy wind or rain & they can wiggle a bit more without being seen. there are also times when a good trail just doesn't have a solid tree within archery range. Out in PA this year my buddy got a nice buck out of my ground blind. talk about luck... He was sick & didn't even want to go out. We guilt'd him into it but he wanted the blind. He went out there & curled up & went to sleep in the corner. He woke up to some turkeys making noise around him. When he sat up, there was the buck. better to be lucky sometimes...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I like to be in a stand so I don't get shot, Wisconsin is known for those accidents :shock:

·
Registered
229 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
I like to be in a stand so I don't get shot, Wisconsin is known for those accidents :shock:
I'll give you that one :wink: you've got a great point there - if you're on public land you probably should wrap some orange around the ground blind. I'm always on private land & know everyone around me when i'm in a ground blind

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The above pic was taken the day after at my buddy's house. I gave him the deer so he could get it processed. I only wanted a little of the meat and he wanted the rest. If he didn't want it she was going to be donated to Sportsmen Against Hunger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.