Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha ya i know what you mean, i found 1 for 3k. its not to bad... but i really liking the dakotas right now too dont know which 1 i want to get

·
Registered
453 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
Get a nissan fronier or a toyota tacoma. You will save thousands in the long run. Seriously.
Very true. S10's are cheap and are nice cars to mod (I was thinking of buying one and putting an LS1 in it haha) but if you want to keep it for a while I'd go with the Toyota or Nissan. My friend is getting a Frontier and they're not a bad truck. Only truck I would buy would be a Ford Lightning. 8)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Phil, I was thinking the same thing ut dropping a 454 in it and hacicking thefront end, welding extensions on the frame and and extendending the custome motor mounts; But after reading up on it... Too many people had problems with the cooling systems if you want to hot lap it and putting ice on your blocks before racing is commons but just worthless and it does not coo the internal motor fast enough to hot lap the vehicle... A motor swap on a little truck like that is ofcourse asking for prblems but with you intension to do so. I am sure you have researched and done the input on the swap. You sounds like a great guy that knows what he's talking about. I am really glad that there are many more gear heads in here than just us. This is one of the best sites i have been on, Not just fishing, but racing too. When im not thinking about fishing, im thinking about racing. It seems and feels like whatever im thinking about is a 24/7 job or lifesytle to mee. I work for a race team and am geting sick of it as I want to race again. But im sure I will rebuild a Nova Chassies Up again sometime soon as i find the space and a decent body. If anyone knows of one. let me know, I have the Money and will pay cash up front, But i want a 72 nova only!!! i WANT TO BUILD IT THE SAME AS I WAS 14-17 As it took me 2 years to restore frame up and about 24,000 bucks and after the lady hit me "T-Boned" me I only got 4800 back :x But thats how life goes... I look forward to many good raceing times. and if i cant work on my own vehicle.. Its a price and gift to me to help others out....

Dave

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Phil, I was thinking the same thing ut dropping a 454 in it and hacicking thefront end, welding extensions on the frame and and extendending the custome motor mounts; But after reading up on it... Too many people had problems with the cooling systems if you want to hot lap it and putting ice on your blocks before racing is commons but just worthless and it does not coo the internal motor fast enough to hot lap the vehicle... A motor swap on a little truck like that is ofcourse asking for prblems but with you intension to do so. I am sure you have researched and done the input on the swap. You sounds like a great guy that knows what he's talking about. I am really glad that there are many more gear heads in here than just us. This is one of the best sites i have been on, Not just fishing, but racing too. When im not thinking about fishing, im thinking about racing. It seems and feels like whatever im thinking about is a 24/7 job or lifesytle to mee. I work for a race team and am geting sick of it as I want to race again. But im sure I will rebuild a Nova Chassies Up again sometime soon as i find the space and a decent body. If anyone knows of one. let me know, I have the Money and will pay cash up front, But i want a 72 nova only!!! i WANT TO BUILD IT THE SAME AS I WAS 14-17 As it took me 2 years to restore frame up and about 24,000 bucks and after the lady hit me "T-Boned" me I only got 4800 back :x But thats how life goes... I look forward to many good raceing times. and if i cant work on my own vehicle.. Its a prize and gift to me to help others out....

Dave

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yeah. In theory I prefer american cars, but I had a 2000 frontier that I put 180k on over 7 years. Literally the only repair I had to do ever to that thing was front shocks around 100k, and changing the front brake pads 5 times over its life. It still had the original rear pads and original clutch. It was totaled christmas weekend :cry: I would higly recomend this truck to anyone who doesnt like to work on cars. Me...Im glad to be driving gm again.

Incidentaly, I just realized I will never need some extra parts for it. I have a clutch set (part number nu31557) and a bunch of oil filters for it. Make me an offer. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya danno, I can finaly have a truck to put my shit in iknow!
it will be nice... So how you been man? :)

Ya I feel inlove with this truck the only thing is I'll need to take a loan out for 1.6k and I really dont want to cause i have no credit... which kind of sucks! :x

So im rates are going to be high as helll to pay it back which great... awsome... sweeetttt i love paying more! :roll:

haha but ya. 454 in the s10 would be so sick... my friend has been wanting to drop a small block into his truck latly so I'll let you know how that turns out you know :wink:

·
Registered
345 Posts
dubs justin said:
ya danno, I can finaly have a truck to put my shit in iknow!
it will be nice... So how you been man? :)

Ya I feel inlove with this truck the only thing is I'll need to take a loan out for 1.6k and I really dont want to cause i have no credit... which kind of sucks! :x

So im rates are going to be high as helll to pay it back which great... awsome... sweeetttt i love paying more! :roll:

haha but ya. 454 in the s10 would be so sick... my friend has been wanting to drop a small block into his truck latly so I'll let you know how that turns out you know :wink:
BORED! Need to get out of the house and hit the water soon..

I wouldn't worry about getting a loan for 1600 if you have no credit, you shouldn't have any problem with that. Although,if you get the loan for the car you'll have to get comprehensive INS coverage, and thats where the $$$ come in. But most insurance companies take payments so it doesnt hit your pocket book as much at once. Maybe go with your parents INS company and see what they can do. Just hope ya have a clean record!

Dont worry man, if it doesn't pan out, ill drive us around to the fishing holes this summer. Plus remember my buddy Kevin has that new bass boat so we will be going out with him alot.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"comprehensive INS coverage" haha dont even know what that is... I'm just asking my parents for the 1.6 and pay them back you know? fuck loans i hate em...

but ya man sounds good for that 15th... think i can catch a ride with ya

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.