Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get on some ice without traveling too far. I havent been able to keep up on the reports as I just got back from a race in Florida I had to work at. I am itching to get out and find some Monster Pike. Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Guys!

---Tight-Lines---
:Dave

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I've got some ice in my freezer. :D

Seriously, right now you have to go farther north to get on some safe ice after the warmer temps that we had here last week. But in a few days I would say that people will be venturing out on the ice closer to home.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Common Dave I thought you will be smarter than that. You know there is no safe ice around here. Your best chance now for ice anywhere will be the T channel or Neilson and thats about a 45 minutes to hour drive up north from Schaumburg. Ontop of that if you are looking for Monster Pike, IL is not the place to look for them. Cheese Land is the place. I just got a report from Delevan that ice is 4" thick but very thin around the shores as you have to hop onto the ice.

We shoud have safe ice sometime next week. Its going to get cold this weekend we are looking at signal digits with minus numbers at night

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... Sorry, I should have been more specific as to what lakes I can get on that have a steady population of Pike. I know Oconomowoc, WI is safe but do not know the lakes very well and was hoping for something closer to home. Legend, If you wanna do Delavan Saturday, I'm game for it. First I have to adjust to this cold again. LOL j/k' I'm goin out to the WWD in a few, call me later Larry. Thanks Toothdoc. Thats what I figured about around here. But I don't want to go too far north and was hoping someone would know something that I dont know. "as if there are some safe lakes right over the border" I think I got my question answered. Delavan it is! Thanks again...

---Tight-Lines---

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the Responses guys. It's greatly appreciated. Its time to head north this weekend!

---Tight-Lines---

IceFisher28, is that you Ron?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.