Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jaypee the hhf said:
welcome...use this site, and you will learn very quickly, it is a smorgous board of information :D

a crank bait looks like this...

and dives when cranked ( reeled in)
:D

JayPee the HHF!
Thanks :D One more thing i sound really stupid on this one but i never cought any other thing than a small blue gill :cry: lol but its not like i cant cast or anything i just dont know much abought different fish or what bait and stuff.BTW i cought that blue gill on a hot dog LOL

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Welcome to the site dude. There is indeed a ton of information throughout the posts on these boards.

Feel free to ask any questions you have - that's why we're here!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey there's nothing wrong with bluegills. You can get bigger ones if ya get lucky too!
My largest fish when I was younger was a carp with corn at Beck.

Ask lots of questions, the people here are very cool and will answer everything. :D

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Welcome to the site. Don't be afraid to ask questions and also don't forget to read old posts to get an idea of what has worked for others in the past on the body of water that you plan to fish.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Sounds like you are starting to get interested in fishing with lures. A good starting place would be jigs and soft plastics. And maybe a few light spinnerbaits(1/8 or 1/4 oz.) Would be good for beck from shore. Good luck out there, and check out those old posts from last year around this time. Lots of good stuff in there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
First of all avoid all the Goose shit. It's everywhere. If you're new to fishing then start off with some crappie fishing. Beck lake has thousands of crappie. I throw a mini-mite under a bobber. Spray the mini-mite with some bang shad aerosol spray. The bobber and the mini-mite can be 6 inches to 18 inches apart. Cast and drag in little by little or a sharp pull and reel. Let it sit for a couple of seconds and Voila! Fish on! I catch hundreds of them this way. white with chartreuse head mini-mite is my favorite. This time of year I'd use a spinnerbait for bass. I like the war eagle white with a little bit of black in the skirt and tinsel. 3/8 oz is plenty. Biggest bass I caught out of beck was a 3lb 8oz. Go to Skokie Lagoons for bigger bass ad Walleye. Remember Goose shit is still shit and it smells yucky.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey man, welcome to the site! I don't know about Beck Lake, but I've had good success at Twin Lakes using a Nitro Crappie Trailer on a #6 Eagle Claw long shank hook, about 2 feet under a slip bobber with some split shot about 5-6 inches above the hook. You're guaranteed some nice panfish with this set-up. Good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Senkos work well , Zoom Shakey head worms(Black/ Red) and a few rattle traps....there goes your luch money .... been there :lol:

Catching a 4 pounder at Beck(and there has been a few this year) ...priceless.

We know there in there. Seen a bunch around..... a few were caught in 2008...Check out Islandfisher's avatar :wink:

That one was a PIG !!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.