Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ed Shirley's is closing. No word on any big sales, other than like 20% off the rods. I sure hope some other bait shop has bought them out...at least we'll have somewhere to go for bait. I'm thinking of buying a livewell and maybe opening a mini bait shop in my garage...WCF members only lol :lol: .

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I heard that two of the stores are closing and the other two are being purchased by the people that run them. The MG store is supposed to stay open. They will be under a new name as well.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
The MG store is the only place in the area for me to get any live bait other than nightcrawlers, so I definitely hope that they are able to keep it open. I heard on another site that the manager and assistant manager were trying to buy the business.

As far as the sale goes, Shirley's always has a 20% of rods and 10% of reels deal this time of year.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
i'm sorry i have to be the hardass, and i'd hate to see another small local bait & tackle shop close due to monsters like bps and cabelas, BUT...the worst thing that could happen to the MG store is for that prick manager/asst. manager to take over. :x :x :x don't even get me started on him!!!!!!! arrrrrrrgh!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.