Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG!!!!!! Ran across this pic of a friggin MONSTER Northern Pike. It's a beast! :shock: :shock: :shock: 54 inches @ 44 lbs

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was supposedly caught on 8lb test while targeting walleye! now you know, you don't need heavy line to bring up big big fish. it's all in the drag setting.

·
Registered
702 Posts
amen on the drag.....setting! I brought up a monster almost as big as that (in my dreams!) on 8lb mono this past spring. Ok, it was pretty big nonetheless!!! But man, that thing is incredible! It could eat just about anything i've ever caught!!! The look on that guys face says it all....a cross between exhausted-thrilled-and scared witless!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
WOW!!
We need 1 of those in each lake around here to take care of all those damn geese ! lol

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rainking47 said:
how the hell did he get that in the boat???
very very carefully! and with a very very big net! a fish like that could easily take your hand off!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
since we're on the topic of monster fish...here's one that i found awhile back but never posted. fish like that will make you crap your pants if you saw this thing on the end of your line. Over 8 feet long and weighing 300 lbs.

makes you think twice about swimming around in freshwater lakes don't it??!!! in case your wondering...that fish is an alligator gar.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and a couple more...

another alligator gar

and the world record all time biggest fresh water fish ever caught!

646 lbs Mekong River catfish

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I use to have an alligator gar as a pet when i was a teenager.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
That's not a shark. It's a huge rapala that the guy in the kayak is trolling with!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts