Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunny; temps in low 70's; south winds 5-15mph; fished from 4:30pm - 6:30pm.

Got a late start but it didn't seem to matter much. Worked the heck out of Timber Bay (not the official name but I think that's what i'll call it from now on) to no avail. Oh, did get 1 crappie on a white twister-tail. And whats more, there was virtually zero action happening - no fish jumping, none chasing lures, etc. First time i've ever experienced that at IG. Turnover perhaps?

Saw several others fishing with same results. Worked a variety of spinnerbaits, crankbaits, even some soft plastics. Alex worked many baits as well.

At least the crappie kept the skunk off. :shock:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
With the warm weather that we have been having I am sure that turnover has not yet occured. I think that yesterday was just a tough day. Glad you atleast got the crappie. :D

553 Posts
I fished Independence Grove about three weeks ago and I also got the skunk. :( It was my first time out there and I fished from the fishing pier. Independence Grove seems like an awesome lake, I'm definitely going to try it next season with hopefully better results. :) :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.