Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished IG for about an hour this afternoon. Would have stayed longer but the lake is still FROZEN! Actually, it's about 75% ice.

There was some open water along the north shoreline of the wooded northwest bay so I threw several lures, but nothing. Did see an angler across the way catch a fish. Looked like a small bass.

Wanted to work the DPR while there too, and did, but the water is still extremely high and fast moving. Worked a few baits into protected areas but again, zilch.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the report Jason. I was up there on Wednesday and ended up fishing the DPR for a while since the only open water at IG was out in the middle. The DPR was too high and too fast when I was there as well.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks for the report. I was also thinking of going about a week ago, but I called them before I went. The lady told me that it was mostly frozen so I ended up not going. Can't wait until all the ice is gone. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.