Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the morning rains finally stopped, headed up to Independence Grove for the first time this season. More crazy weather: Sun, clouds, 75degrees, 60 degrees, drizzle, downpour, then complete serenity. Actually wound up up being a very nice afternoon to fish.

Fished from 2:30pm-6:15pm. Started at the northern wooded bay area and no signs of life at all. Did see a man catch a 12" bass with a minnow though.

Then worked several other parts i've not worked before. The only fish I managed were two 11" bass, both on a Cotton Cordell Super Spot rattle lure.

Was a beautiful afternoon past about 4pm. And the winds died down to virtually calm. Saw a few other anglers out but no real results. Also, the action in the for north section of the lake is carp. They are doing their thing and some flew 1 foot out of the water!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
"Cotton Cordell Super Spot rattle lure." :lol:

New hot (spring)..bait and only $3.00 a pop..lol...at the Bass Pro shop's

They just have a different sounding rattle..unlike the regular rat-l-traps :wink:

Thanks Ryan(winnebasscahamp) for turning me on to them at Deep last week :mrgreen:

These 2 pigs and the one I caught at the goons??? ...same bait.....lol I think we have a pattern going now :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8269&p=78510#p78510

Good to see you got out Jason......well done !!!!!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks for the Report Jay, sounds like a good time. Especially on a Rattln' Cotton-C

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave and Phil, it really was a great outing - even though the results were mediocre.

What was great about it was finding new places at this body of water and learning stuff from the conditions. The knowledge I gained from this outing will FAR out weigh the day's results. And will only make the next outing even better (i hope!) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Jay, I cant wait to hear your next report then. It sounds like you are pumped up on your new find! You know what they say, you always learn something new every day.

Go Get em! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.