Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Administrator
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to get back to Independence Grove - its been a few years. Temps in the 80's; sun with mixed clouds; NW winds 5mph; fished from 6:30pm - 9pm.

Slow evening. Only managed one largemouth bass about 13" with a Senko. Caught it in my favorite part of the lake - the smallish northwest section with all the trees in the water. Beautiful spot to fish. Had a few other misses and a million bluegill hits.

Spoke with another angler who had caught a couple of bass the same size as mine, a couple of catfish, and he said he was out in the morning and the bass were much more active with a 21" landed.

· Registered
959 Posts
Of all the areas to fish on that lake the spot you were in is my favorite. I haven't caught anything from that spot yet, but it holds the most promise. It would be best to fish that area by boat to really get a good angle on the stumps and laydowns. Although I have only caught one bass out of that lake I still like going there. It's very well maintained.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.