Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out fishing twin lakes again yesterday, and noticed 2 guys out in the lake with a boat, measuring the depth of the lake at various points with a long 15 or so foot pole. Also, there were two more trucks out there that belonged to some surveying company, and one of them had a small jon boat in the bed. There were also guys all around the lake measuring points on land. Does anybody know what they might be doing?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I imagine they are probably taking depth and land survey to create a map.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I completely agree with you.

I've only fished that lake a few select times when I was younger and wasn't into bass fishing like I am now.

I am curious to see if they develop a map for the lake. I am curious as well to pay a visit to that lake and give it a try. Through the reports on this forum it seems to be a very nice place of production.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
That is interesting as there is no known map of Donut Lake... I do know that after making Swiss cheese out of the north side of the lake last year, that side is just a bowl that drops to 23-25 feet with not much to offer except Christmas trees around the perimeter... - BPM

·
Registered
356 Posts
I talked to them while I was there thurs.,they said they said they were checking on the
errosion blocks that surround the lake.They said they were going to be doing some spot
repair on them.They sure were tearing it up around the shoreline when we were there
didn't get a nibble :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.