Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it measure surface temp,would be used to find warmest water at Nuc plant,would look for highest reading,actual temp would not have to be exact.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Would a fish tank thermometer suspended under a bobber work maybe use a weight under the thermometer kinda like a drop shot rig 🤔

·
Super Moderator
6,178 Posts
I have a sunglow I use to temp checks in my aquariums. I'm not sure how durable it would be outside in extreme temps, but in a controlled environment it gives accurate readings.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Water Bedrock Natural landscape Plant Watercourse
This is what I face,what you donit see is the 30 ft hill in back,with trees, rocks,sticker bushes,and it is steep,the whole lake is like that,rugged,busheson the shore,you might have 10. Ft to fish,then a bush,then you go back up the hill,20ft along the hill then back down the hill,my idea was get a water temp without going down to the water,I need a fast reading,if I kneel to long I won't get up,or I will go head first in the lake,I love this place ,the fish thermometer might be it,I will have to go down to the water,but I can attach the probe to a rod so I don't have to bend down

·
Registered
874 Posts
Sounds like a good job for a young kid to tag along and run up and down the hill getting the temp measurements and calling them up to you at the top of the hill as you move around. Fish thermometer on a telescoping painter/window washer pole should get the readings out from the edge. They telescope out 20 and 30 ft

·
Registered
315 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts