Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This lake on Hintz & Wheeling looks very promising. I pass it by everyday to/from work and never ever see anybody fishing there. It looks like the only way to get to the water is by parking at the company's lot but there are no trespass signs there. I know the smaller lake across Hintz is private.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't think so. I have seen people fish it before. I fished this a long time ago when I was younger. Would part in the business parking lot or on the other side of it by the fire station. I think there are some posts on here about this lake

·
Registered
118 Posts
Was curious about this place also. I drive by it every day going to and from work.
Report what you find.

I see people fishing it every other day during the summer. Going to try it out soon also. I made a post about it last year but didn't get around to stopping by.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
fished / scouted this echo lake yesterday from 545 - 730. didn't get any fish. shoreline access is pretty tough. i won't say exactly where i parked, but much of the lake is fenced off.

the lake is pretty dirty. the norther half of the lake is a trash hole. i walked through a lot of trees and it is an industrial waste yard. literally. garbage mounds, pits, huge heavy machinery tires...

the cleanest portion of the lake is on the SW side, where the lake spills into a sewer (literally).

off the shoreline, the lake was very shallow. i'm guessing 2 feet deep , even at 50 feet out. my shallow running cranks were bottom bouncing.

i did NOT see any "no fishing" or "no trespassing" signs at ANY part of the shoreline...

good luck if you guys try it out. i won't be back. it's a pit hole. sad, but true

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for doing the "dirty" work for some of us that's been very curious about that place. I really appreciate it. It's surprising to hear that this lake is so shallow. The "no tresspass" signs I was referring to are in the back parking lot of the small company that sits on the NW corner.

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.