Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Once they Open, I will be there ASAP!!! 8)

Thanks again oldsalt for the help on Delavan, I should have a report up tomorrow or so with some pics. but not much of fish... :oops:

Dave

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
yes it is open. I will be there Sunday all day most likely. Anyone wanna meet up?? I should have my buddys aqua view so we can pop holes all day and find those fish. It even says it on the website that so far open for ice fishing is ig and banana lake.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Ya, but I'm hungry this winter! I want to put away some crappie meat in the freezer!! IG is C&R. Its a great lake to fish, but I have to imagine there will be some incidental deaths, especially with bigger fish and tip-ups....

Part of me wishes that place had a selective harvest...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Yea, I heard it is a 6 inch hole Max! Good Luck pulling one of them hawgs through a 6 inch hole. It can and has been done though!!! ;)

It can and will harm the fish when squeezing them through a hole that small...

·
Registered
308 Posts
They're only allowing 6" holes. How do you get a Musky or 6lb bass through that small of a hole? Remember, catch and release only. The bar isn't open during the winter :( I understand they don't want a bunch of 10" holes everywhere. People stepping into them. But bringing in a trophy and not getting it through sucks.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Donit worry about the fish,i am not 100 percent sure but i was ice fishing there and it looks like most of the lake is off limits,with signs keep off the ice and signs saying ice fishing open by the boat rental only

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
oldsalt said:
Donit worry about the fish,i am not 100 percent sure but i was ice fishing there and it looks like most of the lake is off limits,with signs keep off the ice and signs saying ice fishing open by the boat rental only
So how did ya do? :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
This makes no sense. South bay only? The South bay is good for Bass during the open water periods. The Blue gills are everywhere in there. I bet they want people to catch only small gills and not go hunting for the Hogs. I can understand that there are springs on the main lake. But I can't walk out to my Crib I left out there 2 years ago. I bet they're stacked on it right now. The northern are bigger than Musky on IG. It's amazing. I want to tip up a 45" toothy critter.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It stunk,2 small perch,i was the first to ice fish it,then the rains came and they closed it. Their was test holes around the bay,remember ice has to be a uniform thickness, it would be to hard to test the ice in the larger area,but it would be nice if i am wrong,but that is what i think

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.