Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
We have said it more than once Twekd1. LOL

You are better off cutting the motor on your outboard drifting and casting, maybe even anchor for a bit, pull up anchor, drift down river more. drop achor and cast. or use a light home-made anchor and drap bottom slowly with it while casting ;)

But you never know, trolling may work, but chances or less likely that casting from deck.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time. If you want to go for a boat ride that is another story, but trolling on the DPR is a waste of time in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
A word to the wise. Once its over those dams north of you, the current goes a lot faster. I used to canoe on the dpr around where you go all the time. Getting back upstream under the bridges was really tough. The current gets insane through those when its flooded. Good luck if you go!

·
Registered
506 Posts
if u wanna hit up shore for pike pm me or robbiegill we will meet up. maybee a trolling motor and a lake will be ur best bet to troll

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
twekd1 said:
i dont have IL stickers for the boat yet. so i'm scaird to go anywhere but the desplains
You better watch out bud, that some big ass fines!!! $$$$$$

·
Registered
248 Posts
ha that just got me remembering when i was in south padre island texas i was on a bay fishing boat and i heard a loud motor and i look and this boat was comin rite by us and it was flying my grandpa reconized the numbers as mexican numbers rite behind them was a huge u.s. coast guard boat chasing them hahahaha

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
head_dunce said:
svslider said:
There are cpos on the dpr. And if they tell you to pull your boat up to them you have to or else.
...pull over on the other side of the river, grab the buzz bait, and run baby run!!! :lol:
Can't out-run radios though!!! :lol:

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
mplant1 said:
twekd1 said:
i dont have IL stickers for the boat yet. so i'm scaird to go anywhere but the desplains
so why are you on ANY IL waters???

go get your stickers man!
The DNR is slow on issuing stickers. If you you've sent in your registration, you're fine. Just carry copies of your paperwork on you. If you haven't bothered to register or don't have your papers on you, then........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.