Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
i am thinking about writing the skokie park district a letter to let ice fisherman fish there at there own risk and anyone who does perhaps fall through this will not be acounted by the park district i think that this would be a very nice place to fish and a hotspot for especially nice walleye and crappie if anyone wants to back me up let me know send me about a paragraph worth of youre input so i could add that to what im am going to put in the letter that i will later send to them

Good fishing
jay

·
Registered
472 Posts
The Skokie Park District has nothing to do with Skokie Lagoons. The lagoons are run by the Cook County Forest Preserve District. I have called them numerous times about opening the lagoons to ice fishing and they say they are looking into it. They are slow to change things!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
hm............ no ice fishing allowed.
I fish there every week :wink: you just have to "hide in the woods"

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I thought all of cook county is enter at your own risk besides park districts and such...

I think someone is hiding out on the access so it does not get over crowded... :mrgreen: "I wouldn't blame them..."

I don't fish here, but I know years back Cook County opened all their forest preserve lakes to enter at your own risk... Including Busse Lake where many people have drowned in the past as well as current flowing through the main lake and the dams and such...

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Skokie Lagoons is not in Skokie like Jim said. It is part of the Cook County Forest Preserve District. As such, not all of the CCFPD bodies of water are open to ice fishing.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
toothdoc said:
Skokie Lagoons is not in Skokie like Jim said. It is part of the Cook County Forest Preserve District. As such, not all of the CCFPD bodies of water are open to ice fishing.
Thanks Doc. I wasn't sure... but thats strange and kinda dissapointing as I have heard good things about the Skokies

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
the skokies are ranked #1 year after year for CCFP fishing. But they are also tough because of the lack of structure from shore... but there are some big bass, walleye, and a decent crappie population in the goons.

Ice fishing is not allowed there...

Goons will be a prime pick for me and the porta-bote this spring for some bassing!

·
Registered
79 Posts
sorry about the mistake i do realize that it is owned by the cook county forest preserve. I actually have looked into writing them a letter but could not establish a good enough reason that would satisfy me. If any of you have any ideas let me know. WE did drive by the lagoons oh say about a year ago during ice fishing season we were on the edens and we peered over the hill and saw a shanty on the ice totally in view of any dnr officer when we came back he was gone.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
mplant1 said:
the skokies are ranked #1 year after year for CCFP fishing. But they are also tough because of the lack of structure from shore... but there are some big bass, walleye, and a decent crappie population in the goons.

Goons will be a prime pick for me and the porta-bote this spring for some bassing!
Let me know before you go out. A bunch of us have smaller boats and we love getting them out together as the WCF Armada.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Islandfisher said:
mplant1 said:

Let me know before you go out. A bunch of us have smaller boats and we love getting them out together as the WCF Armada.
My kayak is rigged for fishing, and I would love to join a group out there. I tried it in the Fox, but the current was too strong when I had it out in the fall.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
koolaid2313 said:
Islandfisher said:
mplant1 said:

My kayak is rigged for fishing, and I would love to join a group out there. I tried it in the Fox, but the current was too strong when I had it out in the fall.
I'm in!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.