Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to fish at a quarry back in tne day off bluff city rd in elgin i think does anyone know of this lake or even if its still there thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
My brother works for Bluff City Material (Safest 1st Team) and that quarry was always a blast to fish with permission. We use to take a boat out there. But it is now half filled in and has a fence and wire around it. Supposebly a couple of kuckle-heads on 4 wheelers flew off the side of the east side lake and right into the water and 1 of them drown. I remember when I use to off-road my truck across the street from their when there was no homes or warehouses. It is off limits now and will result in arrest as of I know. not even employes can fish it anymore :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow i used to take my quad to that same sot pretty funny . so u cant even fish across the sreet in those strip mine lakes or ponds that sucks was goin to try this week

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Yea I use to tear it up there with my dirtbikes as well at the time CR125 and CR250's... I use to have a blast there, my brother actually built me a couple doubles with the excavator. anyways, across the street is a different story I believe. But yea, my brother is a union 150 heavy machinery operator for bluff city material and He can't even get permission to fish it. I use to hammer smallies there as well as largemouth, pike, cats, big crappies, white bass, yellow bass. big perch. You name it, it's in there. But never seen a muskie in there... :?

Good luck if you fish the other side

BTW, what kinda quad ya got man? If you still ride, you should come and tear it up with me and my buddies sometimes. We are more into freestyle tho. we have some nice ramps set-up in some great riding locations. 8) Sometimes at 3am we will hit the streets on martingale rd and ripp some wheelies. its close to a spot that I ride at. actually, if the water was lower We can ride under rt 53 and all the way to the wwd just about. Tunnel riding is fun at night. especially tearing up the creek where its shallow. I will have to get some pics some days. I never bring a camera or phone though since I am always getting wet. I might have to in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont ride to much anymore down here got some property right past the dells in necedah it used to be good there to but the state is buyin up all the land and puttin no quads or dirt bike signs it really sucks

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
tyleraz1 said:
dont ride to much anymore down here got some property right past the dells in necedah it used to be good there to but the state is buyin up all the land and puttin no quads or dirt bike signs it really sucks
I know your feelin. Some of my places are shut down. one use to be by the river off of 31 and lake street. But there was never really and ramps there. The state troopers bought the property cleaned it up. I found out when I get a ticket back there years ago as well as another place in elgin off of big timber road. But there still is Byron, tho Joliet is gone :( I use to love that supercross track. Red-Bud in michigan is sick! So is the badlands in Attica, IN.

Where I ride by me, it is Com-Ed property. Never had a problem tho. We Ride down the street from my buddies with 6 or 7 quads. Take it slow on the streets wave to everyone. It's only a few blocks. Cut through the park and into the field of tall grass and some nice sick wicked trails. We have some nice areas with mostly ramps. We can enter busse woods this way if we wanted. LOL I did it at 3am, freakin ran outta fuel. damn 6 bucks a gallon of 100 octane. I am starting to mix 100 octane with E-85. 3/4 of a gallon of 100 to 1/4 E-85. It's ike running 110. My bike needs it though and burns it like it's a cigarette.

This is my style of riding... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92bjFBjt ... annel_page

I have more fun messing around than racing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.