Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to the guys at Henry's and there perch are in. Best action around Navy Pier. Guys are getting their limits by around 8:00, and after that the bite slows down. There are some nice perch to be caught, with many in the 9-12'' range. Also, if anyone else here like powerlining, people have been getting a few browns per day, along with some steelhead and some early coho mixed in. A few days ago, almost everyone fishing with a powerline got a brown at Montrose. All fish are being caught on jigs, and also live bait, especially waxies and fatheads. Anyone going anytime soon? I should be out there this weekend, or if not, next week for sure. I can't wait. :D

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
lol. yeah doc, i'm after them 8lb poichies that look and fight like a trout. i have my wwd rigs setup for poich. energy is coming with me to practice pitchin and flippin jigs. obviously don't expect to catch anything with the baitcaster.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I plan on fishing Montrose around dawn on Wednesday. One pole in the hand for perch and one pole in a stand for salmon ot trout. In the past I have used hair jigs under a float w/ waxies, shrimp, or crawlers. That seemed to work well for stealhead. Would the same setup work for Cohos?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Islandfisher said:
I plan on fishing Montrose around dawn on Wednesday. One pole in the hand for perch and one pole in a stand for salmon ot trout. In the past I have used hair jigs under a float w/ waxies, shrimp, or crawlers. That seemed to work well for stealhead. Would the same setup work for Cohos?
Yes, but cohos are usually here last week of March/1st week of April, when the smelt come in...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will I still need a code to fish the harbors next week? Anyone have any? I know what last year's was, but they usually change it. I don't want to go on the lake side, unless I know I'm going to powerline.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.