Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
went there after skool few days ago. Most people go there to snag. I got a nice 25 lb coho two weeks ago on spawn sacks. Got a nice brown trout there the other day on a little cleo. Most people get there fish by snagging. I would go with Spawn sacks. Go very deep on a slip bobber. Have to let it sit a while though

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I still havent made it back out to any Chicago harbors. I think I will leave it at 100 % fish catch ratio with the one I got out of Montrose the one night I tried.
I dont mean to offend but the Il state Coho record is 20 lbs 9 oz. I dont understand fish weight vs size myself until I get a scale. Ive caught fish I thought were large and people said only 10 lbs. And Ive netted a few salmon for folks this year which they claimed were 15 lbs but I was just at cabelas and the salmon on the walls have the weight posted and they are huge compared to what I would expect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.