Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I was hoping for some Lake Geneva advice. I have never gotten out so much so late in the year, or so early. If the weather permits I want to get out Sunday, but am at a loss this time of year. Any advice will be appreciated! :idea:

·
Super Moderator
6,093 Posts
Small jigs tipped with waxies. Start out in around 5 feet and go out to about 20 till you find the gills and perch. Probably your best bet right now. Fontana, Geneva, and Williams Bay would be good places to look. Long lining deep diving cranks at night have also been taking pike and the occasional large eye also. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Matt. I'll get out this Saturday if the weather cooperates. I just got some working nav lights, so getting out at nights finnally an option. :wink: Wish me luck.

·
Super Moderator
6,093 Posts
No problem. Geneva can be frustrating, but stick with it. There are plenty of big fish in there if you put in the time and effort.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would Love to fish there with you in the spring Matt The smallies rip your arm off. A guy here told me about a place that rents Boats there I am gonna check that out this year

·
Super Moderator
6,093 Posts
We will have to do it guys. Hopefully my wife will give me as big as a leash as she did last year :p Speaking of Geneva, I imagine she will be locking up in some areas. Believe it or not, guys like John Trossen will still be night fishing eyes in open water while guys are ice fishing on Geneva Bay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts