Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally ice out on the local lakes! I got out today after school around 3:35 and fissh till 6:00. used small green and smoke twisters on a small jig wwith 4 pound line and an ultraliterod and reel. MAN are bass fun on light tackle. i caught about ten bass (all over 2 pounds) the biggest at 4 lbs. about 25 crappie (biggest being 13 inches) and about 15 bluegill (all small). I also hooked a VERY VERY large fish that shredded my 4lb test, i reeled in the broken line only to find the end was surrated and shredded! Maybe Mr. pike came to play...on the WRONG day :roll: :lol: . if it was a northern, it was over 8lb because it was VERY heavy, my pole was doubled over from the fish. It was also fighting and taking out line like no ones buissness.

I fished in a warm cove area that was all slack water because the wind was cuttoff and the water was about 53 degreese.there was a warm water fast moving inlet there so i think thats why it was warm. There was alot of weeds in this area, allong with bullrush and logs. There are alot of minnows out all ready so guys, start using mr rapala :lol:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
WOW that sure is alot of fish !

Where exactly is this place ?
What type of rapalas should I be throwing ?
What lb test should I spool up with ?
Should I bring a heavier action rod n reel ?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sounds like some steady action! I wish you had a camera. I love looking at pictures of fish, and you catch a lot of em!

You should get a camera phone, or a digital camera. I got a cheap one from walmart just so I could look at pics of fish we catch :D You can get one that takes good pics for like $60.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Wow sounds like you had a great day on the water. You should invest into a phone camera or digital its well worth it. Nice job Nick keep them reports coming! When we are going fishing? Still waiting for your phone call dude :wink:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
larry, how bout sunday?

and this pond is located of route 14 in cary illinois. its behind a walgreens at the intersection of cary-algonquin road and route 14

i also have my backwater out on route 14 in cary....that is better for big crappies..in #'s to

aris, :lol: , bring a medium setup with 8 lb line and f9 floating rapalas, some husky jerks too :wink: :lol:

Today i got out there again...and caught about 45fish!! :shock: , this pond outdoes itself man, i caught about 27bass today, all wer 2lb or better! i also caught about 15 crappie on RAPALAS! im not kidding, i caught crappies on big husky jerks and f9 floating rapala's! they hit them on the float back to the top :lol: . stupid crappies :roll:

how can i get pictures from my phone onto the internet???? cause i got pics up the wazzoo on my phone. if someone can help me out, ill have a all pic post

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
:shock: 27 bass all over 2lbs :shock:

Thats incredible my friend u r truly an amazing fisherman !
Great job !

How big is this pond ?

U gatta show us some pics dude :shock:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is a post on my site with pics from my digital camera witch my mom dosent let me take fishing :lol: i dont know why, but this site dosnt let me post pictures for some reason :?

http://foxfisherman.freeforums.org/past ... 2-t19.html

if it dosnt work, go to my site, under backwaters and go to the "past week1/2" post :wink:

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Looks to be a good spot to get some numbers. Unfortunately, like alot of spots noted on this site, it's a bit further then I'm willing to scope for pond action. Damn that 9-5 job.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Wow, that sounds like one sweet pond!

phone onto the internet
You can usually just enter your email address in as a phone number, then select the picture and choose send in message. Then select your email adress out of your phonebook. Most phones seem to be something like this. :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.