Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got out today after getting back from walmart to get some fishing stuff :D . throwed grubtails and small other insect immitators on jigs and got some great results! I caught around 30 crappie all about 8-10 inches, and 1 bass, about 1/2 lb. O, and a pumpkinseed :shock: , very pretty fish.

With the exception of the badd cold FAST wind, it was a good day. it was pretty nice out (about 61) and fish were biting. Also i got a minnow catching net (dipnet). i only caught a few minnows, but i can definantly catch minnows for bait now :lol:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Good job prince! The pumpkinseed is a beautiful fish. I too have been thinking of stopping by that pond for a few hours sometime. Maybe Ill make a detour there some Friday evening on the way to Lake geneva.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks for the report Pike.. Pumpkin seeds really are beautiful fish... you gave me another species I might add to my tank soon :D

Sounds like a good outing with that wind... 8)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Man you sure are whacking those crops pretty good Nick. Nice work dude. Hopefully I can have the same results like you with the perch and coho this weekend at the big pond.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.