Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Just kidding. I probably chase them more than anyone I know. If I'm not chasing them, they still find me almost everywhere I go. I used to hit NP once or twice a week in the winter. Now I'm spoiled with the big spring jumbos and save most of my driving into the city for May and June.

I'm gearing up to kayak for those big 14+"ers next month in Waukegan. It's got me nervous because they are out there about 2 1/2 miles from shore.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol: you are right, your always on the perch so your reply had me thinking :? Im always at montrose in the spring too! I kept telling my brother, "that one is too small, throw him back" and his reply was "but its like 8 or nine inches, its a keeper". I made him throw soo many back becuase im used to the average summer perch 9-11"

kayaking that far off shore, yikes. good luck and be safe.

Do you think the perch are still sticking around and worth my drive over there tomorrow?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
This is about the time they start to bug out of Navy Pier so I think it would be spotty there. (& haven't seen much in the way of reports lately) Then the huge blast from the northeast yesterday night with waves up to 12 feet should have the water all churned up.

This 95th St thing is newer to me, but the river was much more protected from the storm. If I was heading out in the morning, I'd choose the river at 95th.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the same but didnt want to drive that far. :x I do not want to waste my minners though so 95th it is and as always will drop a quick report after. I have to report back to the ms at noon... :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
You picked the right morning to oversleep. I was out at NP and there was not a perch to be had. Couple of smallies but that was it. Not even a bite. Some of the guys were saying it has been like that all weekend. I don't know about that but today was SLOW!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.