Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July was a bust for me. I got covid on the fifth. Had 103 ish fever for 3 days. That started to level off but I had no energy/strength to get out of bed. Went to the doctor and they said my covid was negative but I had pneumonia. Said she would admit me if I wanted. I opted to stay home and take the antibiotics.

I lost 17 lbs and I am just now getting my strength back. I’m guessing right now I’m at about 75% back. I put back on 3 lbs so far. My appetite is returning and each day I can tell I feel better.
Maybe I might get the yak out next week.

I have a boat being built by Xtreme Boats in Bonifay, Fl. Supposed to be ready for me to pick up by the end of August. Hopefully by then I’ll be back to full strength.

Catfish beware I’ll be coming for you.

~JOE~

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here she is. Brute 1660. Bottom thickness 0.190, side thickness 0.125. Aluminum trailer. Side console. 60 hp Suzuki. Minn kota Riptide Terrova 55 with Ipilot link, Humminbird Helix 9 Mega SI ,Mega DI will be linked to trolling motor.

Driver seat is fixed. 2 adjustable pedestal seats can be moved to the front, middle or back. Inside will be covered in “carboliner” it’s a coating that is used on the decks of offshore oil platforms. Boat will be polished aluminum no paint.

~JOE~
Rectangle Personal computer Font Parallel Technical drawing

·
Registered
21 Posts
I work in the medical field Joetrain. You are one of two things. You are stubborn as a horse's azz because you kicked covid or lucky as hell because covid is the real deal. Stay healthy my friend. Also, does the new boat have a name?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I’m 66 and before this covid/pneumonia thing I never had anything more serious than a cold. Not on any medication either. I’m guessing my health was a key factor. No kidding though both covid and pneumonia are no joke.

I think I’m going to call her “ The Hallelujah.” It is Hebrew that translates to Praise the Lord.

~JOE~

·
Registered
248 Posts
Those catfish are going to be in trouble!

Glad you are almost recovered Joe. I caught the rona at a family wedding on 7/1, took me a full three weeks to feel 100% even though I had super mild symptoms other than being tired as hell. Fully vaxed and boosted too, maybe that’s what kept me from having a more serious case.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Good to hear that you are getting better. I got it this spring, after kid caught it at the prom. I spent two days in bed, weak and sleepy, and then had to deal with shortness of breath and dry cough that lasted for weeks.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Wow, that's quite a one-two punch you got there Joe! Good to hear things are turning around, but man, that's a rough one.

The new boat looks sweet. I bet you're going to have some great fish stories from when you get out on it! Should be really fun.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That boat looks Awesome I picked up a Terrova 12 volt 55 trust about a month ago and all I can say is that you will love it spot lock is Great you were talking about catfish fishing have a look at Big bite rod holder's I put 4 on my boat
slipper inn would be a killer name for a Boat 😃

·
Registered
267 Posts
Glad you're on the mend. Can't wait to see some of those big blues on your new deck!!
I've got to put on about 15 lbs. after another surgery and a week in the hospital, myself. Doc said to aim for about a pound a week, so it sounds like you're doing good! Best wishes and good fishing!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts