Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Tim and I decided to go hit the fox for some musky action. We knew very quickly that we jumped the gun with the heavy ice flows on the river. That lasted about an hour and BS'ed more than we fished. We decided to head out. On my way home I noticed some open water and had my UL in the car so I decided to give it a shot.

I worked around the open areas and quickly found the dinks and a few bonus dink crappies, which were a nice surprise cuz I didnt know that they where in there. All fish were tiny, but very willing to bite . It felt great to cast again and try out my new reel. Heres pics.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Already been planning my attack for spring Ski's too. Juts curious, though, Mr. B... we're the pannies from the fox as well? Just not 100% sure from your post. If so, we're you using spikes or just jigs, and how far downstream from the nearest dam or wwd? Thanx for the report. Good fishing.

Alex

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AL-Quatics said:
Already been planning my attack for spring Ski's too. Juts curious, though, Mr. B... we're the pannies from the fox as well? Just not 100% sure from your post. If so, we're you using spikes or just jigs, and how far downstream from the nearest dam or wwd? Thanx for the report. Good fishing.

Alex
Thanks, for all the nice comments guys. Spring is close very close.

Alex,
I was at a local pond that surprisingly was half open, the area of the fox that I wanted to hit was still locked up. I was using small ratso jigs w/waxies under a slip float.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.