Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Luckydawg13 said:
Yes mostly peaceful weekend i see there asking uncle Joe for help but wanted nothing from Trump when he offered it I just don't get it
Because scoring political points with the base is more important than the welfare of all the constituents.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Per capita Chicago isn't even the most dangerous city in Illinois. I got my work truck broken into in Dolton last week just for the sunglasses near the dash. Wasn't parked but 25mins. Nice town.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nope just a few blocks that they can't keep safe just saw on the news 5 shot probably gang related no one arrested no suspects :silent: :shh:

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aux Pleins said:
Per capita Chicago isn't even the most dangerous city in Illinois. I got my work truck broken into in Dolton last week just for the sunglasses near the dash. Wasn't parked but 25mins. Nice town.
Ford Heights has to be near the top.

~JOE~

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Keeping track of Chicago crime is a side hobby for me. Outside of the rise in shootings, the increase in car jackings has been unbelievable. Places that were once considered relatively safe such as the magnificent mile has seen major increases in property crimes. I work 30 minutes west, but a huge amount of our major crimes involve suspects out of Chicago.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Let's not get into arguments about Chicago's crime,Chicago is gone,shot,kaput, that's it,just do everything you can to stay out of it nothing can be done about it,it is the way of life,support your police in your town,l live several blocks from Chicago, and our police are the buffer zone,and they don't screw around,you call it's like a swarm of wasps they are the there.The JUNK O METER is great.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Oldsalt, your right, much has changed. About 15 years ago I lived on the north side. In the 3 or 4 years I lived there I remember no shootings in that part of town. Now I read about them within a few blocks of my old apartment fairly regularly. The Mag Mile was also a nogo zone for the gang bangers. It was flooded with plain clothes Tac officers. They would come out of the woodwork for any type of unusual activity. Now everyone sits on their hands and just responds to take the report after the fact. Being proactive or aggressively trying to apprehend anyone can only get them in trouble or worse. It is supposedly what a large portion of the public wants, and definelty what many politicians want, and this is the result. They blame Covid though, which is convenient.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Chicago is such a shithole the house my parents paid $19,000 for in 1959 last sold for over $1,000,000.

Just sayin'...

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
BTW did you hear Jusse Smollet is back in court? Yeah I don't give a shit either. :lol:

·
Registered
666 Posts
In the garage getting boat ready,listening to police scanner for Englewood,bullets are flying everywhere two shot for sure ,its chaos

1 - 20 of 23 Posts