Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just started fishing again....and i was wondering what good tackle i would need.....i want to cover fishing for all kinds of fish.....what are some good items

·
Registered
825 Posts
Lil-Dude {o-0} said:
Just started fishing too a few years back too!!

Senkos!
Spinnerbait
Buzzbait

Ugly Stick..LMAO! :lol:

And patience..im starting to learn that one!! :)
For bass, I'm not much of a spinnerbait fan but Senkos and buzzbaits definitely. I would also add:
1) Cotton Cordel Big O Crankbait- I like te 1/5 oz size
2) Berkley 7" ribbontail and 5" shakey worms- blue fleck has always been a great color
3) Spro Frog or Zoom Horny Toad- great for weeds and slop

Give it a shot and let us know how you do. Good fishing.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Chatter Baits have been my new lure. they have been dominating all year since early spring. Im starting to hate them because they are becoming the only thing I fish with. I have only fished with em this year, and caught more 18 plus inch bass on that bait than any other single bait i have ever used.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
BassMasterErik said:
Chatter Baits have been my new lure. they have been dominating all year since early spring. Im starting to hate them because they are becoming the only thing I fish with. I have only fished with em this year, and caught more 18 plus inch bass on that bait than any other single bait i have ever used.
What "color" Chatter Bait are you working so well :?:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
grab a 7'0 Medium light rod

8-10lb test Your choice

get a nice Spinning reel.. shimano or pflueger (good Drag systems and will last quite a few years)

And your set from there this will cover most situations you'll end up coming across. As Far as bait, before when you fish did you do the whole Float live bait sit on the bank thing ?

Glad to see your back in the game... You've come to the right place.

George

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.