Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to ktown with creighton(fishkid) and larry (legend075) and my dad. Got there around 715 or so and started fishing the north harbor right under the bridge. i was using a 1/4oz brown kastmaster. i had one hit on it right on shore and i DID see the fish. it was large but couldnt make it out cause of poor water visibility. it bumped it and that was it. The russians that were out there were getting them on dead roaches probably. After that larry got jealous so he decided to pack it up and walk over to the main harbor. we fished there till bout 11 and nothing caught but we did see a few taken on a bobber across the way from us. we tried everything from shrimp to live med. roaches, crawlers, skein, spawn sacs, and WENDYS CHICKEN NUGGETS!! :D :D I went to bass pro and was undecided on what to get so walked out with a few lures and some leaders and thats it. An hour later creigton calls me up and says he got a 4# bass at opeka but of course NO PIC! LOL larry went home and cried because he did not even get a bump at the harbor. i have a few pics here and the last pic is a pic of a bass that looks like a albino bass at bass pro shop. LOL i think its just sick of all the roids they are giving those fish to stay alive. Dave u didnt miss out on the fishing but it would of been nice if larry would of went to the pike with instead of trying to get even at me for that one hit that i got!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks for the report. I wish I could have made it. The Root River is starting to drop, I can't wait! We all gotta go one day. That's one of my favorite rivers :D

Too bad you got the skunk though. better luck next time.

Dave

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Ya it was a tuff day. The guys trolling in the channel were doing pretty good.
Hey Keith you guys could of gone to Pikes creek. Just becasue i wanted to fish the harbor doesnt mean that you couldnt fish the Pike. I know your dad problay wouldnt mind taking you guys there. After all he was sleeping in the car most of the time.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
George W said:
Bass Will typically change colors due to the water temp and surroundings. AMAZING CREATURES!

nice fish!

your putting me on some steelies this year Dave!
For sure George, once the water levels drop at the root. I will hit ya up!

Dave

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Larry those guys that were trollling the harbor, i ended up remembering who they were! Next time we go i gotta let hm know and we can join him!! He said goby action is hott!!! He got some 5 pounders yesterday!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
larry should of came down to navy pier to play with the perch rootdoc and i were there sat and sunday and there was some browns being caught.Atleast you would of felt something pulling on your rod.Fishing pole that is.

·
Registered
453 Posts
rootpro6 said:
Larry those guys that were trollling the harbor, i ended up remembering who they were! Next time we go i gotta let hm know and we can join him!! He said goby action is hott!!! He got some 5 pounders yesterday!!!
I heard from the dude at Dick's that Goby's were hot on the big pond. Didn't know whether to pay attention to him or not? I don't usually hit the big pond, unless I am trolling for salmon.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
RAPMAN said:
larry should of came down to navy pier to play with the perch rootdoc and i were there sat and sunday and there was some browns being caught.Atleast you would of felt something pulling on your rod.Fishing pole that is.
Ya I should of but had plans with a couple guys on this site to fish the root but it was too high so we hit K-town and Sunday I was busy with the family.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.