Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fished the Kankakee river for many years. However, I have never caught a walleye. I was hoping someone could provide me with the where, when and how to catch walleye in the Kankakee river. I will be wading/fishing from shore.

·
Registered
97 Posts
fish with bottom crankbaits be where theres rocks theres alot in nuns hole
chubs work i catch them in creeks and fish them in holes
walleye are most the time on the bottom

·
Registered
97 Posts
sorry that was my bro he doesnt know what hes talk about. do you know where some holes are? because if u find theholes u will almost evrytime catch a walleye. live bait is good we like to fish grubs on a jig head or plastic poured swimbaits on a jig head. if you have a boat it would be alot easier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i fish around the bird park area, out of boat always catch eyes under the court st bridge in the holes as well as under railroad tracks bridge and washington st bridge almost always get mixed bag crappies, rockbass . my son and i whent out this past weekend above dam and did well in brush piles for croppies, cought few walleyes in eddies off main channel but were small 15-16 inchers should be getting better as river drops good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.