Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post up todays trip even though its 800+ miles away from Chicago.

I watched Geos video this morning and that inspired me to go fishing. I drove an hour and launched in the Eno river and pedaled my way down stream to the confluence with the Flat River and started to fish. I trolled for a bit but quickly decided to scrap that idea and start bass fishing. Tied on a Jackhammer chatterbait and after about 10 casts it gets smoked. Pretty good tussle and a 20 inch largemouth came aboard.
Sky Fin Fish Fisherman Fishing
Switched over to a wacky worm and boated a 19ish bass.
Smile Sky Cloud Fish Tree
I stuck with wacky style baits but I switched the worm to a Berkely Max Scent. I boated 7 more bass. Another 19 incher and various other sizes but no dinks at all. Nabbed 3 channel cats too.

Camera lens was dirty, sorry about that.

~JOE~

·
Registered
684 Posts
Nice fish! I'd have thought I was reading a Heddon post lol. He swears by jackhammers and those berkely maxscent plastics.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know he loves spending the coin on expensive baits.

I started with the chatterbait because it was early morning and I was on a flat area right next to the river channel. From past experience I was banking on something feeding there plus the water here is really stained from the clay banks so that chatterbait has some good vibration to it.

Later in the morning I switched to the wackyworm. That allowed me to hit the million laydowns plus work it out away from the bank into 6-12 feet of water.

Now that I’m thinking about it next time I’m going to try another Heddon favorite and pull out a suspending jerk bait for that deeper water.

~JOE~

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
This post is inspiring. Think I've only caught 1 decent largemouth since spring. I hope the big gals turn on in October

1 - 9 of 9 Posts