Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Tim and I headed to Kenosha from some Kings and all I can say WOW :shock: what a morning! Fished from 4:30am till 6:30am. Got my limit in two hours. Considering it takes about 15 minutes to land each fish so the action was pretty good. Caught 4 on the thunderstick no glow and 1 on a J-13 perch. So from 6:30 till noon I had to watch my buddy fish because I had my limit already and couldnt fish anymore. By noon my buddy only got 3 and gave me the other two because one was more than enough for him. Kings were ranging from 24"-37"

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do? ... =RETRIEVED

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do? ... =RETRIEVED

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya there were lines all over the place fishing off the bottom. I couldnt fish a spoon becasue it will most likely get tangle with another anglers line so i went with the stick baits to avoid that and it paid off. The people out there were pretty cool. When you say FISH ON :D they were nice enough to pole there lines and stop fishing until the fish was landed.

·
Registered
401 Posts
always a good day when you limit out in the first two hours there :D The kings are really starting to heat up out there!!! It's been a pretty good year on the lake this year, I've definately caught quite a few fish. The spring coho run was amazing out on the boats... I'm sure there's a few more weeks to go shore-fishing for kings and you got a great headstart with those fish!!! Good luck out there!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LukePisces said:
That is awesome! I was out last night at South Rocks for about 2 hours and nothing. I wasn't to happy about that. :D
Waukgan is been treating me horrible. I have spent countless hours in the AM and late in the evening with nothing to show for. I do see many fish that have been caught at Waukgan which is why it keeps on bringing me back but if you get a chance you have to try Kenosha.

·
Registered
88 Posts
just saw the pics. Good job. I like salmon fishing but i'm always afraid the rod will break. I loosen my reel and try to tire it out but thats when the fish gets loose (happened on Sat night/Sunday morning. Does it matter how big the hook is?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Zorich said:
just saw the pics. Good job. I like salmon fishing but i'm always afraid the rod will break. I loosen my reel and try to tire it out but thats when the fish gets loose (happened on Sat night/Sunday morning. Does it matter how big the hook is?
Havent fished for Kings yet with live bait. This is my first year tackling Kings but I do have about 15#s of eggs waiting to be tried in Oct. My setup is a 7' med with 14# fireline. Depending on the light conditions and water clarity. No break offs yet. When it runs and you are feel that you pole is going to snap just lower the rod tip just below 40 degrees it will put less stress on your rod but more stress on you line. What line are you using?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.