Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was terrible. The Kings were just not cooperating that day. Way different results than last week. We fished from 4:30am to 5pm with a big fat skunk :twisted: . We started out in the harbor for a couple of hours throwing glow thundersticks,cleos,and k woblers zip nothing not even a bite. Fish were being caught on spawns on a bobber mostly cohos and a few kings. Then we went to Pikes Creek and the Kings were just jumping all over the place but they were not biting. Through eveything at them and not even a bump. Some were caught on rattle traps but majority on spawns on the bottom. By noon we decided to try our luck on the pier. Saw packs of 6 or more cohos and browns swiming close to the wall. It looks like they were coming in waves but no takers. It was a frustrating day but really enjoyed the weather and Scenery in Kenosha especially the ladies that were doing there morning jog from Carthage College on the bridge in Pikes Creek :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Sorry to hear that it was a frustrating day for you out there. It seems that salmon fishing can be like that. Good one and day bad the next. I guess that you need to put your time in to be rewarded. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You've been killing them lately Larry, I guess everyone has an off day every now and then.

Were you wearing your lucky hat?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No :evil: . I looked all over for it and could find it. I know its in the house some where. The cleaning lady was in last week and probably moved it somewhere. I was such in the rush Sunday morning that I didnt look hard enough for it but I am going to look for it tonight after bowling.

·
Registered
88 Posts
when taking 158 to sheridan hook a left onto sheridan and take it down towards the lake. Right when you get to the beach there is a little bridge and underneath it there is some nice fish. I'll either be up there tuesday night/wed morning or all night sat

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zorich,

I just found out from teh Wisconsin DNR that you can fish the creeks a half hour before sunrise and a half hour after sunset but you can fish the main lake and harbors andytime. If you get caught its a $175 ticket. Be carefully. Just FYI

Good Luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was there too, and water was to calm in my opinion and elbow to elbow fishing on the beach. I only seen two fish caught that day very slow that day and i personally got skunked, and then headed to the harbor side to check out the action there and lotsa people with no action, except got to see a disgustingly huge carp on a stringer w/ one missing eye ball.

·
Registered
597 Posts
its becuase this dam weather. The fact that it got up to 90 monday. didnt help. Now that is gonna change and go right back to being cold isn't gona help. I give it two more weeks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.