Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a tuff morning and it was COLD. Fished Kenosha from 3am to 10am. Got a good spot at the pipe. When i was there saw only 4 fish caught. Luckily I was one of them with a nice 7# brown on a small small spawn sack the size of a dime. This one Kid nailed a huge 15# Brown on a white crappie tube hooked with one boiled salmon egg and the other two were Steelheads on sacks also. Alot of fish were jumping but just weren't in the biting mood. Must of saw 30-40 Browns / Steelhead swimming around the pipe but just wouldnt bite.

We then decided to head to the root. Fished Quarry park from noon to 5:30pm. There were alot of Kings still swimming up river. Some were in good shape and some were not telling by some that were caught. Saw a few nice steelheads caught but you need a fly rod to fish the root which I did not have but drifted some spawn sacks with 1 hook up but lost it to a spit hook and snagged two that were never landed. My buddy Dave had a hook up with a huge King on a Fly rod but snap him off went it shot down river. Tried another spot down river with no success but my buddy had one on that took him for a ride up river but unfortunately it got into some laydowns and snapp him off.

Pic of the Brown

Pics of the root

·
Registered
356 Posts
good job on the brown Legend I told the kids Iwould get them out there but haven't been able to get past the Alg. Dam . Do youthink
Kenosha will still be productive in the next couple of weeks? My kids have not been fishing on L M but keep on seeing all of these fish you are catching out there and driving me nuts until Iget them out there.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Jimmy,

Oh ya the Browns will be there all year. You can catch Browns through ice up and catch them through the ice too. The steeleheads are starting to show up there with some good size from what i have been seeing. There are some kings left but they are starting to thin out. My advice go on a week day if you can to beat the crowd. It gets mighty pack over there on teh weekend.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Legend,

Do you use that line only when you fish the bobber, or have you used 6 pound P-Line with the lures? I thought that the 6 pound line wouldn't be able to hold if salmon hits your lure when you are retrieving...

I only attempted "salmon fishing" once this year. One of the guys there recommended me to buy Power Pro at Lee's (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ite=netcon)
. I personally use Trilene XT 12lbs on my main rod. I aslo use one of the Polish/?/German lines (Kameleon 8lbs ?) on one of the rods - I wouldn't recommend because it's not "tough enough."

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey WSL,

Yes just when I bobber fish I use the 6#. I was using 8# but switch and notice more bites. When Throwing lures I use 12# P-line Flour

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.