Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skunked.

Fished from 11 to dark or so. Lot of guys out there. Tried to talk to some, but very few spoke english. I'd walk past and say, "hi, how's it going?" and receive blank stares. (but thats typical for many kenosha harbor fishermen) Met a couple of cooler guys from chicago who were out since 7 am and they each had a brown on the ice (4-6lbs each fish). Said they were marking a few cruisers on their flashers, but not much going on today.

I set two tip ups and jigged with my rod. Jigging tubes with a couple waxies. Not a nibble. Tip ups were rigged with spawn sacs (right off bottom, 3' of flouro leader) had two flags pop, but no hook sets. Browns are not like pike or walleye...they'll drop your bait once they sense something not natural going on, so you need a very quick set when the flag pops. My other tip up was rigged with a small roach, suspended. No takers on that one all day.

Ice was solid 10-12" down the middle of the harbor walking straight off the ramp. the harbor does have some bubblers so there are some weak spots and patches of open water. i drilled a hole about 15 feet from one of the bubblers and it was about 4-5"... so be careful out there.

cya next week from Racine. Hopefully i'll bag some trout then

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks for the Report Mike, I was actually thinking of heading there today :lol: Kinda glad I didn't now :lol: .. I'm only busting your chops buddy... You will get em next time.

I might go next week on sunday since saturday is a Geneva day 8) Let me know if your up for it. But it is almost time to start jigging for Lake Trout on Geneva :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Great Report! A lot of honest guys here post skunk or not. Great job getting out, it's always nice to get out there. Wasn't it a beautiful day ?? Much warmer... Almost felt Like spring :mrgreen:

-Geo

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.