Chicago Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11/14 -

Had the itch to get my line wet after work. I also wanted to scout a few areas that I have yet to fish in the harbor and see if I could connect with any fish. I ended up going 1 for 3 in about an hour and a half of fishing. This was about a 8-9# brown that drew the tape measure at 30"

11/15 -

Took a ride north with two friends, Hank and Dan to try our luck between 430pm and 930pm. I had a hit on my first cast, so the outlook looked promising. I ended up connecting and landing a 7# Steelie around 5:30 pm, which was shortly followed with Dan's first Brown of the year.

Met up with some guy named Larry :wink: on Sat and Sun, watched him whack some good fish, and had some good conversations about fishing the Fox for walleye (among other things)
Dan ended up picking up another brown, which was slightly larger than his first, but I didn't get a picture of it.

All fish came on ktown gold

11/16

After watching the Bears hit rock bottom, I felt like the best thing to cheer me up would be to go fishing.

530 - 8 pm. Went 1 for 3. Landed and released an 8# brown hen that was just short of 30"

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks for the Report Mike, I heard that you guys slayed them out there. Larry came by last night and gave me a Brown Trout for the smoker and told me he ran into you guys. He is actually out there as we speak! :D

Nice Job out there guys. You are kicking ass this year at K-Town!

Dave

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I saw his truck pull up around 545 and saw the camo suit and I yelled, "larry?? is that you?? hahaha!"

i wonder if the action picked up after I left.. oh well. I was hungry and I need to go to bed early tonight

thanks for the comments. i'm not done with those browns yet...I'll probably be out there when i get off of work tomorrow :twisted:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Every time I read one of these posts I want to move back to my home town. I miss it so much now. :( I met that Larry guy you spoke of, really cool guy if you ask me. :wink: Nice job on the browns and sleelies.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for the comments.

Karen - get your WI license next year. Well worth it...

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Dam man u get love here after all with ur posts! Haha to bad we didn't kill em Saturday when we were all out there. But congrats anyway. And dave when u wanna hit up the root. The brownies are in good numbers in the root now and the steelhead aremoving in!!??

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
rootpro6 said:
Dam man u get love here after all with ur posts! Haha to bad we didn't kill em Saturday when we were all out there. But congrats anyway. And dave when u wanna hit up the root. The brownies are in good numbers in the root now and the steelhead aremoving in!!??
You get a fly rod yet.? 8)

I only fly fish the root. Too many knuckle heads are out there, but watch the flow man, I probably wont be there until the shoreline starts to ice up. :lol: I have been slacking on going to wisconsin for some fly fishing lately. I have been tying some flies here and there though. I wanna go for steelies though. But right now I am still fishing the ponds and lake trying to get me some cold water bass...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
perch -

when i'm out, i usually got the harbor to myself. i go at odd times. do i worry about smoking hookahs or paying attention to other anglers? nope. i'll sometimes run into this fishing nut named larry who also fishes the odd times of the day :wink: .

i use one rod. those takedowns can be quick and sudden, and im ready for them.

i'll float spaaannn when i please. ill also jig tubes when i feel conditions are appropriate. i produce and provide reports. still waiting to see results from you...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts