Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11/14 -

Had the itch to get my line wet after work. I also wanted to scout a few areas that I have yet to fish in the harbor and see if I could connect with any fish. I ended up going 1 for 3 in about an hour and a half of fishing. This was about a 8-9# brown that drew the tape measure at 30"

11/15 -

Took a ride north with two friends, Hank and Dan to try our luck between 430pm and 930pm. I had a hit on my first cast, so the outlook looked promising. I ended up connecting and landing a 7# Steelie around 5:30 pm, which was shortly followed with Dan's first Brown of the year.

Met up with some guy named Larry :wink: on Sat and Sun, watched him whack some good fish, and had some good conversations about fishing the Fox for walleye (among other things)
Dan ended up picking up another brown, which was slightly larger than his first, but I didn't get a picture of it.

All fish came on ktown gold

11/16

After watching the Bears hit rock bottom, I felt like the best thing to cheer me up would be to go fishing.

530 - 8 pm. Went 1 for 3. Landed and released an 8# brown hen that was just short of 30"

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I saw his truck pull up around 545 and saw the camo suit and I yelled, "larry?? is that you?? hahaha!"

i wonder if the action picked up after I left.. oh well. I was hungry and I need to go to bed early tonight

thanks for the comments. i'm not done with those browns yet...I'll probably be out there when i get off of work tomorrow :twisted:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
perch -

when i'm out, i usually got the harbor to myself. i go at odd times. do i worry about smoking hookahs or paying attention to other anglers? nope. i'll sometimes run into this fishing nut named larry who also fishes the odd times of the day :wink: .

i use one rod. those takedowns can be quick and sudden, and im ready for them.

i'll float spaaannn when i please. ill also jig tubes when i feel conditions are appropriate. i produce and provide reports. still waiting to see results from you...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.