Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arrived at 10p, people say no fish caught. West winds, water clarity was good, spoon was cold. Fished from 4:30-7:30 behind hotel and I went 0-1 on a frenzy minnow. One gentleman fishing next to me fished the lighthouse first with nothing, and then got one very dark female ~5am in harbor.

The most exciting part of the night was watching 2 young women on bicycles run over the ~15lb fish laying in the grass just before sunrise. They almost fell off their bicycles.

EJ, I got skunked because you ditched me, and because I left ditto inside. And the guy fishing next to me, I realized at sunrise was the same European guy from Friday am. "did you wash hands" LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I floated some freshly cured skein, while casting with various cleo's, crocks, KO's, frenzy's and even my secret weapon got nothing...just the one hit on the frenzy.

I knew at sunrise I was gonna get skunked when I recognized "Mr Don't Wash Your Hands". Only a few days ago he was getting all kinds of hits and he only had 1 from fishing all night. Poor guy...he left work to fish and was going back to work with no sleep. My head is spinning and I had 3hrs sleep. I'm gonna pass for tonight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
svslider said:
Why not stay out all night again? I got 2 at waukegan last night doing that but tonight I wimped out and only fished from 7 till 11 and got skunked.
Because I'm getting old and can't pull all nighters anymore the way EJ or Salmonhunter can. :) If I'm pulling an all nighter, I better limit out, else it wasn't worth it.

Also, fished tonight again in Kenosha 1-1. It was hit/miss for most.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
han138 said:
Headed out to Kenosha early this morning 09/20. Will probably get there at 2am. Planning to start first where you guys caught most of the fish. How's the fishing down by the pipe. Any luck there? :D
It's been unimpressive, but hopefully your luck will be different. As I was packing up to leave this morning, I did see a few caught by the pipe, but nothing hot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.