Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Kenosha Steel!!! Report. 2/10/09

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  George W 
#1 ·
Hit up Kenosha with a Buddy this morning... We hit the water at 7:30am and fished until 12:30. People were catching fish as we got there. We stayed away from the crowd where they were catching and fished a wall around the corner. Right away my buddy Marks Spawn Float shoots under and he misses the fish. Then as he is reeling in his line to check his spawn. Wham-Fish On!!! It gave up a nice fight. Once we got the big brown in. It appeared to be snagged under the jaw. We netted the fish and released it right away. Later on not much action is happening and no one was catching, I then switch my spawn to a golden roach and fished it for about a half an hour. Next thing I know, when I re pitched my bait, Once it hit the water... Wack! Fish On... This Steelhead does a couple mnice Ariel Flips and puts up a nice solid run and then In the net he went! After that Not much was happening. We saw one more fish caught after my steelie, and that was it. We moved a couple times and tried some different areas. With no other avail. The wind was strong, we had a great time and the weather was beautiful. What more can ya ask for!

I'm just glad I Landed that Steelhead. They sure are beautiful fish for sure :D

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
rootpro6 said:
good job dave. thanks for the invite
LOL, sorry man, I recieved a call at 10pm last night to go. you were prolly sleeping. :lol:

J/K, me and my buddy weren't sure about going man... At 5:00am we made a decision and thought we would give it a shot. It payed off! :lol:

#20 ·
koolaid2313 said:
Awesome fish! I wish I would have been there to get some video of that fight!!! Later this week I'm sure...
If you were there You would have caught that Steelie :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :wink:

Great fish dave! Keep them coming, You've pulled a nice brown and a nice steelie in a couple of days. Nice job!

- Geo

:mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.