Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
I went down to Waukegan for an hour here and there in the evening. I have not caught one myself yet this year for the 5-6 hours I spent so far. A friend on a kayak picked up 3 this week 1 evening but another man on a kayak came up with zero the same night. Catching is spotty but the fish are around.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was at Waukegan last year was watching a guy way out in front of the light house. And a storm came up from the west. How that man in the kayak didn't flip is beyond me he was in for foot waves. Shortly after that we seen the flight for life helicopter flying to the power plant to fish another man out that flipped his kayak

·
Registered
944 Posts
I may head down this evening for another go at it. I enjoy talking with the others fishing and just flinging some lures as hard as I can. Have not had the yak out this year or done any other fishing than recently at the harbor. Enjoy reading the reports here and you seem to be getting on them pretty good.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I was at Waukegan last year was watching a guy way out in front of the light house. And a storm came up from the west. How that man in the kayak didn't flip is beyond me he was in for foot waves. Shortly after that we seen the flight for life helicopter flying to the power plant to fish another man out that flipped his kayak
I thought you said you tried to stay west of route 59 lmao. Just busting your balls. I know they are around but I haven't tried for Kings since 2020. I don't even have the right gear, I'd be throwing heavy powered bass gear and getting spooled :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought you said you tried to stay west of route 59 lmao. Just busting your balls. I know they are around but I haven't tried for Kings since 2020. I don't even have the right gear, I'd be throwing heavy powered bass gear and getting spooled :ROFLMAO:
Your right I do try to stay west of Rt59 .LOL 😃 used to go up to Waukegan all the time in the 80's and 90's. but things sure have changed their . But the thought of having another big King on and the reel screaming makes me want to go

·
Registered
944 Posts
And would love to hear how your trip went
I made a couple trips to Waukegan harbor prior to October 1 when snagging starts. I usually fish just north of the yacht club but no luck. Fished on the Government pier 3 times about 1-2hrs each. I did see a few come in from the pier. Some being taken on spoons and deep running cranks was the word. None for me this year, some good folks out there but the general consensus was they were late coming in and spotty from most folks I talked to even those in boats and kayaks. Fish showed up after October 1st so snagging did well according to some folks that said water temps were to high which slowed the early action down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts