Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off lemme ask if anyone finds or sees a rod still by the pipes( more towards the end towards the parking lot). It is a ugly stick with a okuma reel on it and it's a new setup. My dad thought I only brought 3 rods out of the car when in fact I brought 4. U will be rewarded so pls just don't keep it for yourself.
Report: had to leave around noon so I got to the harbor with another wcf member around 830 and stayed till 10. During that time I only saw 1 fish caught. A northern on spawn. I got 1 brown on spawn about 7 pounds. Got him about 5 feet down. Saw numerous fish. Lots of crusty fish cruising around. Went to the root and hooked up a quarry briefly on what I believe was a steelhead for about 3 seconds but shook the hook. Went to the weir and the fish were stacked up inside the hatchery. I'm kicking myself for not posting pictures of the fish cause everyone would of thought it was kick a$$. If anyone has pics post em of the actuall hatchery. There were cohos and browns and a few kings but a lot of cohos and very very clean still. Highlight of the day was when I found out the people I was fishing next to by the weir got caught for casting into the refuge from the safe area and snagging fish. I didn't see it as someone told me but they had to empty their whole car out. They were casting 3/4 ounce cleos ha!!!! That is somewhere around 275 per fish plus they take ur rod and the guy had a flippin st croix river rod and I need to order some. To bad I wasn't there or I would of asked the Dnr guy if I could have the rod. Ha!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.