Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heading out to KTown this week? I most likely cant make it out this weekend, but I can get out most anyday this week after work for a few hours. Wouldn't mind getting a few pointers off some of you experts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
I was out yesterday. A little bird flew on my shoulder and told me Larry (legend075) was around, but I didn't run into him out there.

I didn't have any success. I'd like to get out there again. During the king run, I spent a few evenings in K-Town with some success.

When and at what times would you be fishing? I'm thinking about heading there possibly tonight or tomorrow. Wed and Thurs I won't have the chance. Let me know, and I'll let you know if I'm around. Rootpro, are you fishing this week? I called you yesterday but I guess your phone was dead.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mplant1 said:
I was out yesterday. A little bird flew on my shoulder and told me Larry (legend075) was around, but I didn't run into him out there.

I didn't have any success. I'd like to get out there again. During the king run, I spent a few evenings in K-Town with some success.

When and at what times would you be fishing? I'm thinking about heading there possibly tonight or tomorrow. Wed and Thurs I won't have the chance. Let me know, and I'll let you know if I'm around. Rootpro, are you fishing this week? I called you yesterday but I guess your phone was dead.

Mike
Today, tomorrow, not sure.. Open to either.
Ill PM ya my cell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Fish under the northside of the bridge that goes over the channel....Fish on the east side of the channel. There is parking. You need to get there very early or it tends to get crowded with people fishing with chartruese span sacks. I would not recommend this approach it is like fishing for carp with corn.

Use a tube jig or a tinsel jig under a slip or just "free" jigging. It's much more enjoyable moving the jig through the water than sitting on your hands waiting for your bobber to go down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
perchonthis said:
Fish under the northside of the bridge that goes over the channel....Fish on the east side of the channel. There is parking. You need to get there very early or it tends to get crowded with people fishing with chartruese span sacks. I would not recommend this approach it is like fishing for carp with corn.

Use a tube jig or a tinsel jig under a slip or just "free" jigging. It's much more enjoyable moving the jig through the water than sitting on your hands waiting for your bobber to go down.
Who says you can't free jig with spawn :roll:. Also I would perfer sacks over tubes, hair jigs as the catching ratio is like 10 to 1. Spawn will out fish tubes and jigs anytime. I will put my money on that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Legend075 said:
perchonthis said:
Fish under the northside of the bridge that goes over the channel....Fish on the east side of the channel. There is parking. You need to get there very early or it tends to get crowded with people fishing with chartruese span sacks. I would not recommend this approach it is like fishing for carp with corn.

Use a tube jig or a tinsel jig under a slip or just "free" jigging. It's much more enjoyable moving the jig through the water than sitting on your hands waiting for your bobber to go down.
Who says you can't free jig with spawn :roll:. Also I would perfer sacks or tubes as the catching ratio is like 10 to 1. Spawn will out fish tubes and jigs anytime. I will put my money on that.
I fish with spannnn and jigs for dying salmon. Trout will aggresively hit a tube or tinsel. You can fish with minnows under a slip for perch I use jigs and cranks. To each their own. And no, there are times when jigs, tubes and spoons will out produce spawn dramatically. Depends on the time of year and how much effort one is willing to exert.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,290 Posts
Well me and Danno went up there and actually fished last night. We fished near the tube at the short peir and just s of the bridge. We floated our spawn while we threw tube jigs and spinners, It was slow as I expected. Nobody got a bite but Cory from chitown had a steelie before we got there. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
perchonthis said:
Legend075 said:
perchonthis said:
Fish under the northside of the bridge that goes over the channel....Fish on the east side of the channel. There is parking. You need to get there very early or it tends to get crowded with people fishing with chartruese span sacks. I would not recommend this approach it is like fishing for carp with corn.

Use a tube jig or a tinsel jig under a slip or just "free" jigging. It's much more enjoyable moving the jig through the water than sitting on your hands waiting for your bobber to go down.
Who says you can't free jig with spawn :roll:. Also I would perfer sacks or tubes as the catching ratio is like 10 to 1. Spawn will out fish tubes and jigs anytime. I will put my money on that.
I fish with spannnn and jigs for dying salmon. Trout will aggresively hit a tube or tinsel. You can fish with minnows under a slip for perch I use jigs and cranks. To each their own. And no, there are times when jigs, tubes and spoons will out produce spawn dramatically. Depends on the time of year and how much effort one is willing to exert.
I have yet to say something positive! :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
joelreiser said:
perchonthis said:
Legend075 said:
perchonthis said:
Fish under the northside of the bridge that goes over the channel....Fish on the east side of the channel. There is parking. You need to get there very early or it tends to get crowded with people fishing with chartruese span sacks. I would not recommend this approach it is like fishing for carp with corn.

Use a tube jig or a tinsel jig under a slip or just "free" jigging. It's much more enjoyable moving the jig through the water than sitting on your hands waiting for your bobber to go down.
Who says you can't free jig with spawn :roll:. Also I would perfer sacks or tubes as the catching ratio is like 10 to 1. Spawn will out fish tubes and jigs anytime. I will put my money on that.
I fish with spannnn and jigs for dying salmon. Trout will aggresively hit a tube or tinsel. You can fish with minnows under a slip for perch I use jigs and cranks. To each their own. And no, there are times when jigs, tubes and spoons will out produce spawn dramatically. Depends on the time of year and how much effort one is willing to exert.
I have yet to say something positive! :roll:
This shit is just too crazy Joel!!! :lol:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top